Control your Computer with your Android – Your TV, Blu-Ray player, and DVR all accompany remote controls, yet in the event that you utilize a PC to run your media focus, nothing comes in the case. Luckily, in the event that you have an Android telephone, you can control pretty much everything on your PC.
Beginning: Download Unified Remote
The foundation of this guide is the Unified Remote. The full form of the application (which is required for a portion of the capacities we’ll go over) costs $3.99, however for what it can pull off, the cost is anything but difficult to swing. Right now, just Android is bolstered, however, you can agree to accept an iOS beta here. The server application just keeps running on Windows and should be introduced on any PC you need to control.
To build up an association, introduce the application on your telephone, the server on your PC, and interface both to a similar Wi-Fi arrange. The Android application would then be able to check your system for any dynamic servers. Select the PC you need to control. That determination will remain as the default until the point when you change it.
Control Apps with Pre-Made Remotes
Out of the container, both the free and the paid renditions of Unified Remote offer a determination of pre-assembled custom remote controls. The nuts and bolts are secured here like a virtual console, mouse and framework volume controls. Be that as it may, a couple of others give custom controls to certain applications and destinations. Here are a couple of the most widely recognized remotes and the capacities they give:
- YouTube – Play, stop, next and last playlist track, and volume.
- VLC – Play, stop, volume, next and last video, video scouring.
- Spotify – Play, stop, next and last track, and volume.
- Netflix (Paid) – Play, stop, forward and backward scouring, fullscreen and volume.
- Pandora (Paid) – Play, stop, volume, thumbs all over.
- XBMC (Paid) – Navigation control, play, stop, volume, media document route.
There are bounty others that offer some type of control for an assortment of different applications including Boxee, Chrome, Firefox, iTunes, MediaMonkey, PowerPoint, and even Winamp (rest its spirit). For most things you’ll require, these would already be able to be a much-needed refresher—quieting your HTPC over Wi-Fi feels like enchantment—yet for the tinkerers, we can go further.
Create Custom Widgets
Notwithstanding the stock remotes, you can make custom gadgets with gatherings of your most ordinarily utilized activities. To start setting it up, open up the gadget choice menu on your telephone and drag one to the home screen. You can browse one of the preset setups, yet many of them will enable you to include or evacuate lines and segments of catches as you see fit.
Each catch is profoundly configurable. You can browse an assortment of hues or images and the greater part of that is up to your own inclinations. In any case, the fun part is in picking the move each catch will make. While making a gadget, tap the catch you need to design, at that point select “Change Action.” On the following screen, there’s a drop down named “Select Target.” There are three classes of targets you can browse:
- Remote: This is the place you can pick any of the catches related to any of the premade remotes. You can make a gadget that controls your framework volume, delays Netflix, skips tracks on Spotify, and thumbs up or down Pandora melodies.
- Gadget: These capacities run activities on the gadget you’re utilizing, which will likely just be valuable for cutting-edge clients.
- Server: If you have in excess of one PC associated with the system, you can utilize this activity to relegate a particular server to a catch.
The greater part of the activity will occur under the Remote area. Each capacity that is incorporated with the standard remotes can be gotten to here, which implies you can utilize a solitary gadget to make a super remote of all your most every now and again utilized undertakings.
In this way, suppose we need to make a gadget with framework volume controls, delay and fullscreen catches for Netflix, and thumbs-up/thumbs-down catches for Pandora. To make this gadget, take after these means:
- Make a 3×3 gadget on a vacant home screen.
- In the format segment, long-squeeze one catch in every one of the two base columns. Your gadget should now have one column with three catches and two lines with two catches.
- Tap the principal catch in the primary line and select “Change Action.
- Pick “Remote” under “Select Target.”
- Pick “Media” under “Select Remote.”
- Pick “Volume Down” under “Select Action.”
- Tap “alright.”
- Tap “Change symbol” and “Change shading” to give your preferred catch an image and shade.
- Rehash stages 3 and 4 for every one of the rests of the catches (from left-to-right), utilizing the accompanying Remote activities:
- Remote > Media > Volume Mute.
- Remote > Media > Volume Up
- Remote > Netflix > Play Pause
- Remote > Netflix > Fullscreen
- Remote > Pandora > Thumbs Up
- Remote > Pandora > Thumbs Down
- Once you’ve wrapped up each catch, tap the checkmark in the activity bar. (Alternatively, you can deselect “Show ‘alter’ catch in gadget design in the event that you would prefer not to change the gadget later and like to give yourself some more space.)
When you’re finished, the widget should look like the one above.
Expand Your Options with Infrared, NFC, and Tasker
Squeezing catches isn’t all that matters. There are various highlights that are a bit past the extent of this article, yet we can point you the correct way. Here is a portion of the more helpful extended capacities that can be incorporated into custom remotes and gadgets:
- NFC Tags: You can program certain Unified Remote activities to NFC labels that will initiate when you tap your telephone on them. With these, you can enact diverse servers with labels in each room, or dispatch Pandora or Spotify when you stroll into the room.
- IR Actions: While most Android gadgets don’t contain an IR blaster, a couple of select handsets do. On the off chance that you possess a gadget like the HTC One, you can utilize it to control gadgets like your TV. Bound together Remote will experience a learning device that will test IR codes with your specific gadget, so you’ll be before your TV.
- Tasker: Tasker is one of Lifehacker’s most loved computerization instruments. You can dole out particular Unified Remote activities to Tasker errands, which implies you can make considerably more intricate robotization. In this way, for instance, you could set up your PC to start playing music when you arrive home and turn it off when you clear out.
By and large, Unified Remote has committed capacities that can do the vast majority of what you require. Be that as it may, for the bits in the middle of, you can, in any case, utilize the Basic Input remote to utilize a normal mouse and console controls.
more facility How To Increase Battery Performance In Your Android